Bake, bike, or book for Amref Health Africa and you’ll help people across sub-Saharan Africa live healthier, happier lives. It costs just £26.80 to train one health worker to provide life-saving care - so every penny you raise really counts.Contact our team
Take on a challenge
Why not take on one of London’s most iconic races as a part of Team Amref this year?
Following the major successes of our incredible runners last year, we are once again looking for people who are keen to run for Amref UK in the London Marathon or the Royal Parks Half Marathon in 2023.
When you run for Amref, you will be raising money to support women, girls and their communities across sub-Saharan Africa break the cycle of poverty, and access their right to health, backed by a supportive and dedicated team.
Pictured right: London Marathon 2022 runner Tamara Rogers (c) Eilidh Naismith.
London Marathon 2023
Run in the TCS London Marathon in April 2023 with Amref UK, and beat a personal best whilst knowing you're making a difference. Click here to learn more.
Royal Parks Half Marathon 2023
Run the Royal Parks Half Marathon in October 2023 as part of Team Amref, and raise money for an excellent cause. Click for more information.
What you can expect
- Dedicated support from our friendly fundraising team
- An Amref running vest and / or t-shirt
- Fundraising resources like collection tins, balloons, leaflets, photos of our work, powerful personal stories to share, and editable posters
- Support with online fundraising pages like JustGiving
- The best and loudest cheer squad on race day
- The knowledge that you are part of a team working together to make sure that communities across Africa can access their right to health - if that's not motivation, we don't know what is!
Pictured left: London Marathon 2021 runner Phillip Liburd (image courtesy of Phillip, standing on left).
It really was a privilege to run for Amref UK. I found talking about a charity I was passionate about [...] made fundraising a lot easier.
It really helped that you especially checked in on me and I felt well supported in the final weeks of the Marathon and throughout the run. My friend who ran with me even commented that the team’s support was amazing!
If you'd like to register your interest, let us know of an event you're participating in, or simply ask for more information, our Fundraising Officer, Megan would love to hear from you.
Pictured: London Marathon 2022 runners James & Michael Murray, David Frisby. Royal Parks Half Marathon 2022 runner Ben Wood. All (c) Eilidh Naismith.