Amref Health Africa UK is made up of a friendly, dynamic team who are passionate about long-term, sustainable healthcare in sub-Saharan Africa.
We are looking for enthusiastic and dedicated people who share our belief that health is a human right and are passionate about sustainable, community-led change.
Adapting to COVID-19
We are currently trialling flexible working arrangements which require employees to spend a minimum of 20% of their time (split across the month) in our London office. We are constantly updating our policies and practices as the external environment evolves.
In normal circumstances, you can find us in Islington, North London, just a stone's throw from Angel tube station on the Northern Line. There is a large variety of shops, bars, restaurants, and parks on our doorstep - perfect for lunch in the sun or socialising with friends after work. We are only a five-minute walk from Regent's Canal.
Why work with us?
Amref Health Africa UK offers:
- high levels of engagement, involvement, and responsibility,
- a generous pension scheme with an employer match of up to 7.5%,
- 25 days' annual holiday allowance, rising to 27 after 2 years' service, plus bank holidays and 3 additional days at Christmas,
- season ticket loan,
- cycle-to-work scheme,
- an employee assistance programme,
- flexible, hybrid working,
- opportunities to extend overseas business travel dates to incorporate personal holidays.
As part of any recruitment process, Amref Health Africa UK collects and processes personal data relating to job applicants. We are committed to being transparent about how we collect and use that data and to meeting our data protection obligations. Read our Job Applicant Privacy Notice (updated in May 2022) here.
Our UK team is dynamic, highly skilled, and friendly. We hold regular social events - COVID-19 permitting! - and have a positive, inclusive and enthusiastic attitude to our work.