Partner with us
Amref Health Africa works with partners to enhance our reach and impact in Africa. These partnerships are mutually beneficial, grounded in a shared vision and a common purpose. We like to collaborate in a way that leverages the skills and expertise of both partners - ensuring we go further, together.
Why partner with Amref Health Africa?
When you partner with Africa’s leading health NGO, you can be sure you are having a meaningful, measurable, and lasting impact. Partnerships – from the grassroots, to the governmental, to the global – are at the heart of our strategy. These relationships are grounded in a shared vision of what the world should look like. We partner with organisations and entities that share our values, and work with them to co-create programmes that make sense for parties: and, most importantly, contribute to sustainable change.
As one of our valued partners, you have access to a skilled and creative UK team – as well as a hugely powerful African organisation that possesses 65 years of experience and unrivalled expertise.
Our ambition – to ensure that everyone across Africa has access to affordable healthcare – is a big one: and we know we can’t do it alone.
Our corporate partners provide valuable expertise, insight, and resources to support our work. We make sure all our partnerships are mutually beneficial, delivering clear value and business benefits to our partners while strengthening our work in Africa.
Pictured: Midwife Jemimah Makau at work in Makeuni County, Kenya, where Amref and Philips have partnered to sustainably strengthen health systems (c) Gregg Telussa
Our tailor-made corporate partnerships come in all shapes and sizes, encompassing:
- Cause-related marketing,
- Skill-sharing and in-kind support,
- Corporate fundraising and employee engagement,
- ‘Charity of the Year’ awards,
- Public-private partnerships,
- Multi-year, strategic partnerships that evolve over time.
We'll work with you to:
- Unite and motivate your employees behind a shared goal,
- Engage your clients and customers,
- Increase your brand awareness and boost positive brand perception,
- Connect you to people, places, and knowledge in sub-Saharan Africa,
- Meet your business objectives, where relevant.
- all while making a meaningful, measurable difference in Africa.
"GSK have been proud to partner with Amref Health Africa for over 30 years. Our shared vision of developing locally-led, sustainable solutions to drive access to quality healthcare for all, particularly those in remote or underserved area has led to a rich history of partnership. Over this time GSK and Amref have partnered to help strengthen health systems, train frontline health workers, improve hygiene and sanitation and address endemic diseases such as malaria, TB and HIV. This has helped improve health outcomes for millions of people across 17 countries in east and southern Africa.
Amref’s deep embeddedness within countries enables them to work together with governments and communities to develop lasting solutions to the most challenging health issues. As the world moves through and beyond the pandemic, GSK looks forward to partnering with Amref to help build a world where universal health coverage becomes a reality for all."
Fiona Smith Laittan, Global Health, GSK
Pledge Your Pay
Pledge Your Pay is a movement of individuals and businesses standing in Vaccine Solidarity with Africa by donating one day's salary to our campaign. Why not consider joining them?
We work with institutional partners to deliver tailored, locally-led, scaleable solutions to some of Africa's most pressing health challenges. When you work with Amref, you benefit from :
- A geographical footprint that extends across East, West, and Southern Africa,
- The huge range of tools and resources at Amref’s disposal – from our university, to our fleet of air ambulances, to our market-leading training tools ,
- Decades-strong relationships with communities, health professionals, and decision-makers at national and regional level,
- Technical expertise that spans the range of our programme portfolio,
- A technical team within the UK - meaning that we can offer you dedicated relationship and account management.
Pictured: Midwives enrolled in Amref Health Africa's UK government-supported eLearning programme in Kampala, Uganda (c) Esther Mbabazi
Trusts & Foundations
We work with a variety of trusts and foundations, some of whom have a long association with Amref Health Africa, and others who have recently become involved in our work. Many give flexible, unrestricted donations which enable us to respond to urgent health needs, provide essential training and services, and to innovate by testing new technology and approaches. Others prefer to restrict their donations to a specific country or area of work.
Whatever form your support takes, we promise to:
- Recognise and value your unique contribution,
- Work with you to build an effective partnership and fulfilling relationship,
- Share stories of success, updates on challenges, and prompt and accurate reports about the work that you fund, so that you can clearly see the impact of your support.
Pictured: Inhabitants of Amuru Distruct, Uganda, using the water source constructed as part of the Piwa Maleng project, enabled by a major anonymous trust supporter (c) Ambrose Watanda
What we can achieve together
Some of the work that is funded and facilitated by our generous partners.
Supporting the Africa-led Movement to End FGM/C
in partnership with the UK government (FCDO)
If you've read something here that resonates with you and would like to discuss the different forms that partnership with Amref can take, our Head of Supporter Engagement, Katie Greywood, would be delighted to hear from you.